Bring your home to sparkling guest-readiness without going overboard by following these quick cleaning tips to keep your home merry and bright:
Quick Cleaning Tips for the Holidays
1. Consider what the guests will see.
Think about what guests will see when considering which parts of your home a holiday clean should involve. The places you’ll need to give special attention to are the entryways, living room and dining room, carpets, floors, bathrooms, kitchen, and guest bedrooms if you have overnight visitors.
2. Sweep the porch.
A thorough porch sweep is appropriate. Scrub your entryway. Wipe down your front door, give the doormat a good shake, and make sure cobwebs haven’t collected in corners.
3. Make sure you can see the guests coming.
Keep windows clean and streak-free on the cheap with an easy mixture of vinegar and water in a spray bottle. Wipe down windows with a reusable microfiber cloth.
4. Focus on the kitchen.
People tend to gather around the food during the holidays, so make sure your kitchen sparkles and smells nice.
- Be sure your stovetop and oven are shining and ready for the upcoming holiday action.
- Wash your kitchen countertops and wipe down cupboards, backsplashes, and the refrigerator door.
- Make sure your trash receptacle is clean and odor-free.
- Don’t forget to dust the light fixtures and flush sink drains with boiling water.
- Go ahead and give special dishes and flatware a holiday clean to save time later.
5. Give your garbage disposal some love.
To cut down on odors, chop up a whole lemon — rind and all — and let the disposal gobble it up. Throw in ice cubes to sharpen the blades.
6. Whatever you do, don’t neglect the bathroom.
- Don’t just wipe surfaces; break out the stiff-bristled brush and scouring powder to really scrub things clean.
- Dust the light fixtures and flush the sink drain with boiling water.
- Stock bathrooms with toilet paper, hand soap, tissues, and clean hand towels. Make sure you have extra toiletry items for your overnight guests.
7. Save floors and carpets for last.
If your carpets need a good cleaning or even some spot cleaning, White Wizard® Stain Remover works like magic to gently remove tough stains from carpet, clothes, upholstery, and more. Apply over the stained area and wipe clean; no ring is left behind. White Wizard® Stain Remover removes blood, wine, food, coffee, ink, grass, and more.
8. Give your house the sniff test.
Aroma is everything. Brew some coffee, simmer some spices, bake a tray of cookies, and your guests will be sure to have a smile on their face, and be ready to celebrate.
Best holiday wishes from all of us at White Wizard® Stain Remover!